Air Transat, Icelandair and Norwegian Air Shuttle are the least punctual airways in Britain, analysis from Which? has discovered.
The buyer group analysed touchdown instances for 850,000 flights at 25 UK airports and located that on common solely 75% of all flights arrived on time.
Dutch airline KLM was probably the most punctual provider, adopted by Qatar Airways.
Air Transat was probably the most tardy, with solely 55% of flights touchdown inside 15 minutes of their deliberate arrival time.
Icelandair and Norwegian weren’t a lot better, with on-time efficiency charges of 56% and 60%, respectively.
A spokesperson for Montreal-based Air Transat stated it was not wholly chargeable for its low punctuality rating.
“The statistics on this report don’t bear in mind the delays attributable to components past our management corresponding to climate and air site visitors management.
“When these components are excluded, our punctuality fee is actually 78%.”
Icelandair additionally blamed points corresponding to air site visitors strikes in addition to renovations at Reykjavik airport for its efficiency.
Payouts for unpunctuality
Passengers who journey on delayed flights from the UK are entitled to compensation underneath EU guidelines. However that may not apply if flights are delayed attributable to components corresponding to excessive climate or airport strikes.
A spokesperson for the Civil Aviation Authority stated new measures had been just lately launched for passengers who had been discovering extracting compensation from airways tough.
“Final 12 months we launched various dispute decision to the aviation business so passengers, who’ve been unable to resolve a criticism with an airline, can get an impartial choice that the airline should abide by,” they stated.
“Almost 80% of passenger journeys from the UK at the moment are coated by airways who’re signed as much as dispute decision companies.”
EU flight delay rights
- In case your flight departed the European Union or was with a European airline, you might need rights underneath EU regulation to assert if the delay or cancellation was inside the airline’s management
- In case your flight’s delayed for 2 or extra hours the airline should provide foods and drinks, entry to cellphone calls and emails, and lodging in the event you’re delayed in a single day – together with transfers between the airport and the resort
- For those who arrive greater than three hours late in a journey of lower than 1,500km you might be entitled to €250 in compensation from the airline
- For those who arrive greater than three hours in a journey spanning greater than 1,500km, however inside the EU, you will get €400 in compensation from the provider
- Journeys to non-EU locations greater than three,000km away that arrive between three and 4 hours late put you in line for €300 in airline payouts, whereas delays longer than 4 hours to those locations are due €600 in compensation.